1. When you call your bank, how do they treat you? (choose one)
How do you like your bank's mobile app? (choose one)
Are you happy with how many branches and ATM locations your bank has? (choose one)
4. How happy are you with how digitally connected your accounts are? (choose one)
5. Are you happy with the fees you're paying on your checking account? (choose one)
6. Are you happy with the interest you're earning on your savings accounts? (choose one)
7. If you have investments with your bank, can you manage them seamlessly online? (choose one)
8. If you have credit cards, mortgages, or loans from your bank, how happy are you with them? (choose one)
If you answered mostly 'As':
You might be in a toxic relationship with your bank. The honeymoon period is over and it's time for you to get back into the market and see what other banks offer. There are lots of fish in the sea and you'll likely be happier with one more worthy of your business.
If you answered mostly 'Bs':
People dream of growing up and finding the kind of love you have for your bank. Don't take your relationship for granted!
If you answered mostly 'Cs':
You're happy about some aspects of your relationship with your bank, but not all of them. You should dip your toes into the water and see what other banks offer. You might find that you're happy where you're at, or you might decide it's time for a change.
This article is intended as general information only and is not to be relied upon as constituting legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. Information presented is believed to be factual and up-to-date but we do not guarantee its accuracy and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the authors as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by Royal Bank of Canada or any of its affiliates.