The summer is upon us and that means weekend getaways and travel to unique locations. I wanted to share a few of my favourite L.A Spots that I uncovered on my most recent trip –
L.A City Guide
Venice / Santa Monica
Abbot Kinney Blvd – The cutest strip of shots and eateries – Favourite restaurants are The Butcher’s Daughter & Gjelina
- Venice Canals
- Santa Monica Pier
- Fairmont Miramar Fig Restaurant- The cutest spot for dinner or breakfast, with views of the Fairmont pool – So lovely!
- Fairmont Miramar Bungalow – The cutest bar! A great spot to head fr snacks & drinks after dinner, and they even have a plate of cookies you can order. So happy
- Third Street Promenade – Some happy shopping
- Rodeo Drive-Ultimate shopping spot
- Gracias Madre- Delicious vegetarian Mexican food with the prettiest outdoor patio
- Sprinkles Cupcakes – You can buy the goodies out of a vending machine, and they have delicious ice cream too!
- Reformation – One of my favourite clothing shops!
- Chateau Marmont is a great spot for a cocktail, some epic star watching, lots of famous people frequent the restaurant & hotel.
- Comedy Store- Best stand up comedy – A must
- Zimmermann, Chloe & Isabel Marant are located here, need I say more?
- Fig & Olive is a cute restaurant to have a bite; Alfred’s Coffee is a must stop
- Carerra Cafe – They make the cutest designs on your coffee & have great doughnuts
- Hollywood Sign – A quick hike gets you to the top of the Hollywood sign, giving you great views of L.A. To go next level, head out with Elite Helictopters to fly over the sig with the helicopter doors off! Insane views.
- Griffith Observatory – A very cool spot to check out downtown LA
- Acne – A shopper’s delight
- OUE Skyspace LA – Rooftop views of L.A with a slide that goes outside the building!
- Chinatown – Really cute, with some great restaurants
- Malibu Pier – Cutest restaurant on the Pier with healthy salads & juices, and they have a great shop too!
- El Matador Beach – Hands down my favourite beach in Malibu – Super pretty to hang out
- Paradise Cove – A great spot if you want to rent a lounge chair & get beach side service
- Malibu Hills – Really pretty to drive around in, great for sunset
Are you an Avioner? Then start sharing your travel experiences with #Avioning
This article originally appeared on Cara Jourdan’s personal blog carajourdan.com/.
More from the Travelling Avioners Series:
This article is intended as general information only and is not to be relied upon as constituting legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. Information presented is believed to be factual and up-to-date but we do not guarantee its accuracy and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the authors as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by Royal Bank of Canada or any of its affiliates.